Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Odds & Ends

Here's a few random thoughts, cheap eBook finds, other fun stuff like that.

EBook Deals:

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by NK Jemisin - fantastic book 1 in Fantasy trilogy! You have politics, gods, wars between the gods, betrayal, schemes, sacrifice, and it has a kickass heroine! OK, so Yeine might not actually do much physical ass-kicking in this book, but you know she could. The next book is wonderful too. You need to see why Kingdoms has been picking up award noms right and left. Did I mention the eBook is just $2.99?
Amazon   B&N  Google Books  Sony

Dante Valentine series by Lilith Saintcow - I haven't read this series yet, although I am a fan of the Strange Angels series by the same author. Great eBook deal - $9.99 for all 5 books. I got it and I'm looking forward to starting it.
Amazon  B&N  Google Books  Sony

Note: You can probably guess where I get most of my eBooks, but I tried to link to the other biggies. If I'm missing some, let me know. Also apologies for those outside the states - I know that prices and availability vary from country to country.

Recent Reads:

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill: If you haven't read it yet, I'm sure you have at least heard about the "cliffhanger", although it felt less like a cliffhanger and more like a "major plot development" but that could just be me. I thought something big had to happen, so I'm good with it.  The book was still a fun read for me, although not as much action as book 3. It felt like a middle book, where things are being set up for future books in the series. The next book comes out in November, so if you can't handle the cliffhangers, you might want to wait. And stay away from any Chicagoland discussions.

Extras:

Camp NaNoWriMo - Now, I know some people love NaNoWriMo, some people don't. I did my first one last November and loved it. Actually, I really loved the tracking tool and the personal deadline I gave myself. And the t-shirt I bought when I won. But mostly the tracking tool. Anyways, Camp is where you do your 50K novel any month, and have the tracking tools and all that good stuff available. If you need a little kick in the pants to get writing, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment