Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thanks, Dad

I credit both of my parents with fostering (and feeding) my love of books, but my dad is the one who first introduced me to fantasy and sci fi. We all found comfort and joy in reading, and we still share books to this day.

So, thanks, Dad. Thanks for winning control over the TV most weekends so I HAD to watch Doctor Who, The Avengers, Star Trek, Wild Wild West and all of the other awesome shows you introduced me to. I might have made a snit over it, but deep down I really loved them.

Thanks for buying every book of the Belgariad, Mallorean and Elenium so we could all read them together. Thanks for the evening and weekend trips to the library and the bookstore. Thanks for not batting an eye during my vampire/magic obsessed teen years. Thanks for giving in on more than one occasion when I had to have a certain book or 10.

I hope you enjoy your present - yep, books! - there's one you asked for, and one I recently read and think you'll really like (Hounded by Kevin Hearne - good read!)

1 comment: