Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Series I Need More of in 2012

Along with the books I already have on my shelf and the books I need to read releasing this year, there are also a few existing series I want to catch up on.

Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series

I've read books 1 and 2. Need to finish Hammered before Tricked comes out. Male-lead UF with lots of mythological beings.

Devon Monk's Allie Beckstrom series

I have book 1 waiting for me. I really liked Dead Iron, interested in Monk's take on UF. Female-lead UF with magic.

Lilith Saintcrow's Dante series & Dru series

I've read the first in the Dante Valentine books. Need to read the next one (I bought the complete series bundle, so they are all waiting for me). Female-lead UF with demons and psychics.

Dru - I've read the first 2 books, need to finish the series and read books 3-5. Female-lead YA UF with vampires and werewolves.

Jim C. Hines' Princess series

I've been told by more than one person that I have been remiss in reading Hines' self-rescuing princesses, so I will be fixing that problem. Female-lead UF with fairytale retellings.



Rachel Aaron's Eli Monpress series

I pre-ordered the bundle (books 1-3) that will be out in February. Book 4 is out this summer. Mostly male-lead UF (I think) but with a varied cast. I've heard many good things.

Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series

I've heard good things about this YA series involving banshees, but haven't started it yet. I have book 1 waiting for me. Female-lead YA paranormal Romance.

Rob Thurman's Cal Leandros series

I really liked book 1, so I need to get to book 2. Male-lead UF with all kinds of nasty paranormal creatures.

Ann Aguirre's Sirantha Jax series

Another one where I loved book 1 and need to read more. Female-lead Sci Fi with romance.

How about you? Have any existing series you want to try this year?

6 comments:

  1. This is the weirdest post. I have tried the first four of these series listed. I did not like any of the four. Wow. That's got to be some kind of record. Or Karma. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sometimes that's just the way it goes. I'm thinking you should look into the Eli Monpress books, at least try the sample. There are thieves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thieves!!! I love a good thief. :>) I shall pronto myself over to check them out!

      Delete
  3. A lot of these series are on my TBR pile (or should be). Unfortunatly, I also own some of them so... we've discussed the library vs. owned books dilemma, I know you get what I'm saying. I was thinking that you'd pretty much covered it, until I went back to my current read (Feed by Mira Grant) and thought about her alter ego Seanan McGuire. I loved "Rosemary and Rue" but haven't picked up the rest of the series yet. Also, I can tell that I'll need to read "Deadline" asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update: I just finished Feed and I actually think I can wait a bit before I read Deadline. At least until my headache goes away... :`(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to gear up for Deadline. I couldn't just start it right away either - and not just because of the TBR list. Feed was intense.

      I've only read book 1 in the Toby Daye series too - another one to catch up on. :)

      Delete