Give me magic, gadgets, monsters, zombies, everything that seems impossible, and throw in some tough chicks with swords. That's the stuff.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What I'm Reading Now: WRITTEN IN RED

Did you happen to get a little (or big) ebook settlement today? Wondering what to spend it on? Me too, my friends. Me too.

I've grabbed a couple of books for the kiddos, and sent a couple to mom. I picked up MASTER OF CROWS and pre-ordered the first installment of THE KRAKEN KING.

I am currently halfway into WRITTEN IN RED, the first book in this series, and I am loving it. Unique world, interesting take on vamps and shifters (and other beings), and while I'm sure that the romance is coming, it doesn't feel like a typical Romance.I'm halfway through the book and no one has come close to naked happy funtimes, and it doesn't look to be happening anytime soon. Fans of the more gradual relationship, I think this might be your thing.

I love watching Meg adapt and how she builds relationships with the Others.

Here's the blurbage:

"As a cassandra sangue, or blood prophet, Meg Corbyn can see the future when her skin is cut—a gift that feels more like a curse. Meg’s Controller keeps her enslaved so he can have full access to her visions. But when she escapes, the only safe place Meg can hide is at the Lakeside Courtyard—a business district operated by the Others.

Shape-shifter Simon Wolfgard is reluctant to hire the stranger who inquires about the Human Liaison job. First, he senses she’s keeping a secret, and second, she doesn’t smell like human prey. Yet a stronger instinct propels him to give Meg the job. And when he learns the truth about Meg and that she’s wanted by the government, he’ll have to decide if she’s worth the fight between humans and the Others that will surely follow."

It is $5.99 on Kindle (at least in the US, not sure about other countries, hopefully it is comparable). If you are considering a book purchase, take a look at the sample and see if this book draws you in like it did me.

Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Indiebound

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about this series. I want to try it. Sounds like a great read. But, I think I have to get through a few series I've got started here. :) But I have to remember this one.

    ReplyDelete